Each step must have a tool associated with it so the user can perform an action to move to the next step. Show them how it’s done!
- The tool for each step can be resized or changed.
- Read – Usually assigned to the first and last slide but you can use it on any slide where you want to point out something and describe it. When used, the user must click the blinking Next button to move on in the tutorial.
- Left Click – The user must click something.
- Right Click – The user must right-click something.
- Drag and Drop – An action where the user drags and drops from one highlighted object to another to advance to the next step.
- Scroll – The user will have complete a scrolling action to advance.
- Typing – The user will enter text to complete the step.